Archive for January, 2009

iPlayer download class in Java

Thursday, January 22nd, 2009

I just got a G1 (A.K.A. The GooglePhone) the other week so I’m trying to pick up Java again so I can write some apps for it. I’m bloody terrible at Java and I’ve had flu for the last week but nevertheless I’ve managed to hack together a class which can download a TV show off iPlayer given the programme ID (PID).

It’s not totally finished yet – I’ve got a warning about not releasing connections there that I need to clear up (answers in the comments please!). You can take a look at the code on my SVN repo: http://svn.strawp.net/java/BeebhackDownloader/

Once this is all stable I’ll be having a go at making a GUI and getting it onto my phone.

Update: All working error-free now! GUI next…